I gave up Wal-mart years ago, because of all the reasons everyone says they are not going to shop at Wal-mart. And now when I need those items you just can't find at one of those cute little local stores or Whole Foods, I head to Target. Probably just as evil on some levels as Wal-mart. But it can't really be on the same level of evilness as Wal-mart, right? I mean, there are levels of corporate evilness correct? My better world shopping guide tells me I'm right. Wal-mart gets a F and Target gets a D+. IKEA gets a A-, too bad all that stuff comes from Sweden. Off I went to Target to pick up some random stuff. Going to Target is in the mall here, I rarely make the trip to Target so it is always an adventure within itself. First thing on the list was sheets. No luck what-so-ever. I swear to God I looked at every single package of sheets, none made here in the US. I got Indian sheets instead. Thanks India. Next, crock pot. Guess, where all crock pots are made?? Yep, China, China, China. So keeping with the stupid guidelines, I figured I would go to the thrift store and look. And until then no yummy slow cook meals. I'm now in the hair accessories aisle looking for hair tails. Once again, China holds the monoply on hair tails. I got one package of twevle, thinking maybe I can simply make these last for a whole year and not have to buy anymore. As I finish up my trip, I realize only 50% of the items in my basket are American made. Grrr. An American Made failure. I believe, the internet is going to become even more of my best friend than it already is.
On another note, this morning I had my first cup of Puerto Rican coffee. Sara and I ordered coffee from Puerto Rican and Hawaii. However, the coffee from Hawaii is not actually American Made. It does have some Kona coffee beans (which is for you non-American Made pioneers, those are the coffee beans grown in Hawaii), but the main ingredients is arabica coffee beans from around the world. Hmm, so that brand of coffee is out. I'm not sure how I felt about that first cup of American made coffee, it sure wasn't Starbucks. And now we are out of olive oil, which all comes from stupid olive trees in Italy or Spain or Greece. However, for the low price of $75.00 I can order olive oil from which is made in Texas from Texan and California olives. After the coffee incident, I'm not sure I trust these Texan olive oil markers. Maybe, I can give them a little call and verify it is all pure American olives, no foreigners are jumping into their olive bottles. On a happier note, Sara did discover pasta made right here in Silver Spring. So at least the pasta crisis has been avoided.
No comments:
Post a Comment